Thursday, October 2, 2008

HE DID IT!!!!!

Jack had his first performance/play of the year today. It was based on the nursery rhymes and fairy tales that he has studied this month. Mrs. Mayo told me earlier this week that Jack would not say his lines...nope not gonna do it! So I bribed him today with the offer of ice cream after school if he said his lines during the play. Being his father's son he wanted to know ALL his options and asked, "If I only say half of my lines, what do I get?" Well John and I were there cameras ready and Dude did not dissapoint! He sang, he danced, and (drumroll please!!!!) he said both of his lines! I cried, John cried and Mrs. Mayo cried! Needless to say, I don't think he will blossom into our Oscar winner but we are so proud of him and he loved it. He was most tickled by the fact that he made Daddy cry. Mrs. Mayo sent me an e-mail and told me that the class talked about the play afterwards and that the whole class told him how proud they were of him! Mrs. Mayo said that she was still smiling about Jack and that he is AMAZING!! So cool!

I'm gonna try to upload the video so you can check it out.


Doesn't he look so grown up :(


Yes he does brush his teeth...he just ate an OREO before this picture! Gross I know!


Mrs. Mayo, Jack, and Ms. Henning

2 comments:

Staci said...

Congratulations Jack! We are so proud of you. Can I come to the Oscars when you win? Love you and miss you :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Got your message! We've been in Banner Elk for a wedding! You need to get on Facebook so I can keep up with you...or rather, so you can keep up with me.