Monday, July 21, 2008

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words

Well...I survived! The trip to Indiana took a whopping 11 1/2 hours each way but my kids were fantastic! We had a few moments but for the most part they were content and well behaved. We left for Indiana last Friday to visit all the family. On the way there Em noticed a blister on Macy's tongue. She woke up Saturday morning with a fever so I took her to the urgent care and discovered she had hand-foot-mouth disease. Nothing serious but painful for the little sweetie. She didn't eat much for 2 days and was pretty cranky and miserable. We had lots planned though this trip. I took so many pictures this trip that I thought I'd just tell you about the trip through the pictures. Enjoy!

On Saturday night we atended a surprise anniversary party for Uncle Bobby and Aunt Sue. It was planned by my cousin Missy and was really nice. She did a great job of getting everyone there and I posted this picture of her taking a REALLY big bite just because I said I would and I'm mean ;)


YUMMY!


Mom enjoying a much needed glass of wine!


Em posing pretty with her wine too!


OK if you don't think this kid is cute there is something seriously wrong! ;)


Molly and Abby taking up residence in the babies' high chairs


On Sunday we headed over to Papa Joe's house to visit. He looks really good. He gained back the weight he had lost the last time I saw him. He is the sweetest man. Every time I see him I just want to put him in my car and bring hime home with me :) He gives the best Grandpa kisses! We spent lots of time running around the farm, collecting "gold" and taking lots of pictures. That evening we headed over to Uncle Bobby's house for a cookout and more visiting!


Daddy checking out the blackberry bushes. They weren't ready yet this year much to the kid's dismay...especially Max!


My Grandpa and all 7 of his kids were born and raised in this house!


Jack and Max gold diggin'


The girls having lunch at Papa Joe's.


The driveway


Max on the tire swing we used to swing on as kids!


Jack documenting his gold find.


Mallory hanging from the tree that she "fell" out of a few years ago!


Max, Macy, and John on the proposal swing.


Nana, Em, and Sophie on the farm.


Abby and Molly playing "Ring Around the Hosey"


Papa Joe and Sophie who is fasinated with his beard.


"I love you Papa Joe!"


Jack on the tire swing


Abby on the tire swing (You won't see a pic of Molly on the swing...NO WAY)



Monday evening we headed to Celestine to have a family picnic with Granny, Aunt Nina, Uncle John, Julie, Jacob, Rick, Diana, Anakin, and Zander. Aunt Nina rented out a local park and we had lots of yummy food including FRIED BISCUITS. When I put apple butter on these things I swore it was a donut! We spent several hours there eating, visiting, and playing horseshoes and ladder ball.


Mom, Granny, and Aunt Nina trying to hide their "Kleeman chins!" ;)


She's so pretty...I love you Granny


I put this one in because she didn't want me to ;)


Mom and Granny

On Tuesday John and I were going to go to Holiday World for the day but Daddy had a little bit of a scare...thanks Dad...and we didn't make the roller coasters this year. That evening we went back to Papa Joe's for dinner and all of my Daddy's brothers and sisters except Aunt Carolyn were there. Having 6 of them home at one time doesn't happen often.

It was so great to see everyone this trip. It is always a special time to go back to Jasper and Ferdinand, IN. That trip was a huge part of my childhood and it's so cool that I get to share it with my kids. I can't wait to go back next summer!

No comments: